The Gallery exhibition program is planned and curated by the Gallery Director and Curatorial staff.
The Manning Regional Art Gallery exhibition program provides access to international, national, established and emerging artists to the communities and visitors of the Manning, Great Lakes and Gloucester regions. Our exhibitions and associated education and public programs enable visitors to get involved, reflect on current issues, learn something new and have a bit of fun.
Manning Regional Art Gallery invites external exhibition proposals from 1 July - 30 September each year. These proposals could come from artists, external curators, other galleries or special interest groups or individuals personal collections.
Before submitting an exhibition proposal to Manning Regional Art Gallery please consider:
- The MRAG exhibition program operates within a two year lead time.
- The exhibition programming is guided by a committee of MRAG staff which meet at least once a year to discuss exhibition proposals submitted from 1 July to 30 September of each year.
- The exhibition committee aims to meet in November of each year.
- The exhibition committee is guided in the their decisions by a matrix of; MRAG collection focus, current and future exhibition planning already in place, education and public programming capacity as well as artistic excellence.
The Gallery provides emerging and established artists with an opportunity to exhibit in a professionally run public gallery space alongside exhibitions by significant regional and national artists, to extend their artistic practice, and to enhance audience engagement.
A floor plan of the gallery is available on request, and if you would like further information in regard to any of our exhibition proposal please contact the Gallery staff on (02) 65925455 or email us [email protected]
How to Propose an exhibition
Please use the form below to send us your proposal.
Your attached proposal document should include:
- Maximum 200 word artist statement on the concepts behind your work.
- Maximum 200 words on why you would like to exhibit at MRAG and the benefits or relevance to the local community.
- Install logistics; details such as number of works, dimensions, special presentation requirements.
- Click here to view form.
24/7 Street View Project Space
24/7 Street View Project Space is a public project space allowing local and NSW regional artists to explore, collaborate and showcase their artistic skills in a challenging environment: the Gallery’s front window display.
Local and NSW Regional Artists are selected by Gallery staff to create collaborative, innovative works, exploring themes relevant to our community. Challenging audiences, creating partnerships and group participation are all key aspects of the space.
For any information please contact the gallery on (02) 6592 5455 or email us.
The Wall Project - Would you like to take part?
Want to be part of the Manning Regional Art Gallery Wall Project?
The Wall Project is a public project allowing local artists to explore, collaborate and showcase their artistic skills in an interactive environment: one of the Gallery’s internal walls during opening hours.
Emerging and established Artists are invited to submit a proposal which explores any theme during gallery opening hours for a period of 2 to 3 weeks. The artist or artists will utilise the space, creating work and encouraging audience interaction.
Proposals must demonstrate a high level of technical skill, with consideration to safe installation and engagement with audiences. All mediums are welcome. The WALL is the wall opposite the kitchenette in the Gallery and is available in 2/3 weekly blocks starting June 2016. For example: Jocelyn Maughan will start the project during the Robin Norling Exhibition with the wall covered in watercolour paper. Maughan will paint a large work, and smaller landscapes/portraits over 3 weeks, interacting with visitors to the gallery.
Criteria for determining successful proposals include:
- Proposals that promote artistic exploration, interaction with audiences, artistic excellence in visual arts practice (in any suitable medium)
- Proposals which are conceptually sound and are appropriate for public display
- Work that is professionally presented and demonstrates a high level of technical skill
- Capacity of the project to engage with audiences
Process for selection and eligibility:
Exhibition proposals will be assessed by the MRAG Gallery Team. Approved applications will need to follow a risk assessment. The WALL will need to be returned to its original condition by the artist(s). The gallery reserves the right to document the process of the project and to promote the project through the press and social media. One submission per artist or group.
The Manning Regional Art Gallery supporting arts initiatives in our community.
Complete the form below and we will be in touch.
Click here to view form.